Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where on Earth?

Where on earth can you find more baby bellies than you even thought possible, as if every one in the entire world had one? That is right, Babies-R-Us! Kristen and I visited the Jacksonville Babies-R-Us over the weekend and took our own baby belly. Surprisingly, I felt better there than in the incredibly overwhelming Bed, Bath, and Beyond. While shopping for baby goods, we ran into a 5' 2'' giant of a sales woman. She was amazing in her knowledge, energy, and strength. While learning how to fold down and re-expand a stroller, I was struggling a little. The small giant offered to demonstrate. She positioned her small frame over the stroller, then with one motion--and with one arm--she expanded the stroller, lifting it above her head until it locked into strolling position. Wow! I was impressed! I was a little ashamed, too, that I could not complete such a simple task--a person of my height would not even require overhead stroller acrobatics. In the end we decided on a stroller we liked and headed home to a place with far fewer baby bellies.

1 comment(s):

Maria said...

Great choice! We have an Evenflo too and really like it. It's a cute one, the colors can be boy or girl so you can use it again. Eric and I felt the same way when trying to use the "easy latch" to expand and compact ours.. "this isn't rocket science! What's our problem?!"